Sunday, May 14, 2006

In the summertime, de-de-de-de-de


My parents rock. They are always thinking how to give back all that we've been given, which I really admire. Saturday morning, we went to Pennsylvania to a fishing competition for kids. It's something that my brother and I did every year when we were little (where I beat ALL the boys' butts every year) so, it was fun to go back and see all the kids. In memory of my grandfather who was the ultimate outdoorsman, my parents gave away fishing rods and gear to some of the kids who seemed really enthusiastic about fishing. We took pictures of the kids, got their names and I wrote up an article that was recently submitted to a local newspaper. Most of the participants were below the age of 8 so, needless to say, they were all so adorable I just wanted to take them home with us. I wish I could post the pictures on this blog but, I don't think the parents would appreciate that. In any case, it was very sweet to see the kids get SO excited over "winning" the gear. Just makes you go "awwwww".

Today, I READ whatever the hell I wanted, which doesn't sound like much but it was great for me. I just got my water bottle and my shades and sat out on my parent's deck all day long with my book. I seriously didn't have time to read more than about 3 books for pleasure for the entire Spring semester. I plan to make up for lost time this summer. I have a stack on my coffee table in Morgantown just calling my name. Some people are just not reading people---which makes me very sorry for them. Tomorrow, I look forward to meeting with an old girlfriend from high school that I haven't seen since graduation; then, it's back to Motown to be with my honey.

No comments: