Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"I'm leavin' on a jet plane..."


The time has come, the walrus said...I'm goin' to Brazil! I'm packed, my bills are paid in advance, I've received my grant money, I have books to read, my research is ready to go, tuition is paid, my Portuguese is rather good and I'm starting to get butterflies. We fly tomorrow night from Pittsburgh and should arrive in Rio de Janeiro the following morning.I would leave everyone an entry on the day of, but I know Felipe and I are going to be crazy busy right up until the flight. We've been running like headless chickens for the last few days to buy presents, pack, clean house and just generally get our lives in order. I'm day-dreamy about the trip now...wondering how everything will look, sound and smell. I've given my whole family and many friends a link to my blog so they can tune in to my adventures. Right now, I'm dead tired and rather hungry. I just want to go to sleep and magically wake up in Brazil without battling my way through O'Hare and the various other lay-overs we have; not to mention customs :( In any case, by the time most of you read this, the trip will have officially begun!! Until next time...

No comments: