Thursday, May 11, 2006

Cleaning house

Well, I'm very proud of myself. I've cleaned my apartment from top to bottom and I'm not even moving out! It really needed it--- it was really dusty and we even had cobwebs in the corners of the living room. I'm usually good about keeping things clean, but this first year of graduate school had me running all the time. Next year will be about the same, maybe more so. My coordinator wants me to do either the department webpage or the annual newsletter. I'm up for either one, really. I love technology and I love writing too. We'll see, I guess; she said I seem a bit over-extended already so it might just go to someone else.

In any case, I feel so much better now that the apartment is clean. It's also like a psychological cleansing of the past year-- getting all the useless cobwebs out of my brain. I also gave away two trashbags filled with clothing to Goodwill and one filled with shoes which gives me much less clutter in my closet. My roommate asked me if I just wanted to have a yardsale but I HATE yardsales and the trashy rednecks who frequent them. That was a big NO. To me, it's just dumpster-diving with an exchange of a few bucks. Why would anyone buy someone else's trash??? I guess I just don't get it or I've never been that desperate. So, I'm now enjoying my clean house, my spacious closet, and the mountain of good books I've been meaning to read all semester. Ahh...I love summer! 19 days 'til take-off!

No comments: