Monday, June 05, 2006

Prayin' and Playin'

I find myself a bit atrasada (behind) due to Internet connection issues so, I will now catch up a bit. Sunday, Felipe's parents, Felipe and I went to the Monastery of Sao Bento for mass, then to the Soccer/Sports Club (Fluminese) that his dad has been a member of since he was about 8, and finally we went to see a colonial fort built in 1765 on the other side of the bay (a city called Niteroi). No funny stories--- churches and military buildings don't tend to be funny places-- but we got a lot of amazing pictures. When I say a lot, I mean A LOT! Between us we seriously snapped 1,000; God bless digital cameras!!! Here are a few of our favorites....




The Monastery of Sao Bento--one of the most beautiful churches you could imagine--was built in 1565. Everything is gold and it is a textbook example of the Baroque style. It leaves you breathless when the sun shines in.


This is just a general overview of the tennis courts of the Fluminense Futebol Clube.


This fortaleza (fort) may not seem like much but it has quite a history and quite a view...


(above) Felipe and I enjoying the sunny day and the great landscape :)

No comments: