Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The poopy-flavored lollypop that is my life....

Ok, so things around the 'ville have been a little crummy for me lately. I know I have no right to complain; there are FAR worse things happening in many, many other places in the world (I study them daily) but, I think we all need to indulge ourselves in some good, old-fashioned bitching/venting every once in a while, right? Here goes...

Things That Make Me Go "Arg":

1) I have sweet tickets to see Regina Spektor live and the show has been postponed twice now. They are currently re-setting the date and if they place it smack in the middle of Christmas break I will hurt someone.

2) My "girlie" issues have turned me into a raging lunatic this month. Things are pissing me off that never piss me off. For example, my job ran out of coffee the other day and there was only (dun-dun-dun) decaf. I was outrageously annoyed for the remainder of the day and huffed all the way home. Only when relaying this unjust incident to my significant other did I realize that I had totally lost my mind. Go figure...

3) My arranged ride home for Christmas had some complications (which aren't their fault at all) but, now I have to buy a one-way ticket and then pan-handle for a ride back. Or drive my heap home and back---eh, not such a good idea. The last thing I need is to break down in "Godforsaken City, KY" and try to find a mechanic. So much for planning in advance.

4) The weather here is so fickle it's driving me insane. I wake up in the morning and it's sunny and crisp. By the the time I come home it's very cold and very windy. I'm always freezing my butt off or sweating like a pig no matter what I wear in preparation.

5) Finals week is rapidly approaching and I feel completely overwhelmed. I have one exam to study for, two books to read, and three papers to write before I'm outta here. Makes me wanna take a shot and then a nap....

6) I had a huge paper to turn in this week for a class and, for extra input, I decided to email it to my advisor. They almost immediately emailed me back wanting to meet and talk about the paper. Ugh....doesn't bode well for me. And I thought I did a decent job on this one--- arg, guess I'll get mine handed to me tomorrow.

7) I am a complete failure as a Christmas shopper/ gift giver. I simply have no idea what to get anyone this year. No one needs anything or wants anything and, when asked, says "Ah, you don't have to get me anything." Well, damnit people, you keep telling me that and I'm going to believe you! Plus, I hate malls---hate, hate, hate them. All the people, noise, canned music, bad perfume---ugh, too much. I shop like a soldier on a mission--- get in and get the hell out before something gets shot off.



Two pleasant things that help me forget my troubles are good books and good music, both of which I have encountered lately. I highly recommend these...


Three Cups of Tea by: Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin--- Amazing book, trust me, you'll walk away feeling inspired.



The Weepies---LOVE this band; every song I've heard by them is fun and catchy. This is the video for "Nobody Knows Me At All".

So, peanut gallery--- what makes you stressed and grumpy? What do you do to unwind and get happy again?

No comments: