Monday, December 10, 2007

Isn't it ironic?

Sometimes I just gotta laugh at the irony in my life. Today has been a good case for demonstration. First of all, it is the middle of December and I wore flip-flops to class this morning. Am I really that hearty, you ask? Thick-skinned? Nope....it was a balmy 71 degrees today with a slight spring-smelling breeze. Ironic? Oh yeah....considering that I'll be flying home for Christmas and will be greeted by 2 inches of snow and blustery 30 degree weather (not including windchill). I love the South!

Oh yeah, remember that Regina Spektor concert my little heart has been yearning for? Well, it was supposed to happen Dec. 6th (after being re-scheduled from Nov.) but, I was called by the theater and informed that it had been postponed yet again--indefinitely. Bummer. So, a few days later, I found awesome tickets to see the Gipsy Kings (another act I am dying to see) on Feb. 27th at 7pm so, I rally a few friends and we buy them before they sell out. Hurray! Then....

This morning, I check my email and rejoice to see that they have finally set a new date for the Regina Spektor concert. Guess when? Yup, Feb. 27th at 7pm. Grrrrrrrr.....so, if anyone out there can make it into town, I'm willing to sell you my ticket to see Regina; otherwise, I'm just going to get a refund. Ah well, the Gipsy Kings will probably put on a better show anyway.

Made me think of this song....an oldie but a goodie....Anyone else out there got a little irony in their lives?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was on the newspaper when he saw the watch again. How time flies! 50 years had passed since he saw it the last time. He never stopped finding it during the 50 years. He was too old to remember too many things. However, everything about her was still engraved in his mind and never disappeared.[url=http://www.good4shopper.com/baumemercier-watches.html]replica Baume & Mercier watches[/url][url=http://www.good4shopper.com/bell-ross-watches.html]replica bell & ross watches [/url] [url=http://www.watchesize.com]hermes handbags replica[/url] [url=http://www.sunglassescool.com/prada-sunglasses.html]prada eyewear[/url] Rolex watches are amazing. A gorgeous Rolex watch looks great and stylish. As we all know that Rolex watches are known for its strength and endurance, that's why Rolex watches have a good reputation for so many years. And also you will see the quality and precision reflected in each Rolex watch. So, Rolex is a name that thousands of people had dreamed of.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I begin on internet with a directory