Saturday, January 13, 2007

In the aftermath of fun


I think I woke up this morning with a hangover...not sure, never had one before. Although, it wasn't a hangover in the traditional sense--- I only had one drink last night so, it wasn't from alcohol. My belief is that it was a combination of factors. The major one being the dinner party my roomie and I threw last night.

We ended up with about 20 people in our little apartment...it was rather hot and crowded but there was plenty of food (thank God, I was really worried) and playing games distracted us all from the heat. "Apples to Apples" and "Guesstures" were the chosen games of the night, which was as much fun to watch as it was to play. It was a great mixture of friends: high school, college, grad school, mine, hers, Felipe's, etc. Since it was also a potluck, the mixture of food was really interesting: vegan pizza, Brazilian meatloaf, Spanish tortilla de patatas, cornbread, pasta salad, pineapple casserole, etc. Somehow, it all just worked.

After the party, we all decided the night was just too young so, we went out for drinks and more conversation. I had one drink--an orange mojito (pronounced "moe-hee-toe", though all my American friends insisted in calling it a "moe-gy-toe" which sounded rather naughty to me, haha). It was just a fun night, all around. People seemed to have a good time, eat enough and enjoy conversing with one another. What more can a hostess ask for? I'm just bummed that I forgot to take pictures.

So, this morning...not sure what happened with that. I just woke up feeling heavy, tired, grumpy and with a serious headache. Maybe it was the smoke from the bar last night. It does have a tendency to get to me rather easily. Maybe I was just plain tired (I slept until noon today--yipes!). It could be the stress of cleaning and planning for a party. In any case, today was practically useless in terms of getting work done. I managed to get a little reading in this evening but nada for my thesis. So glad this is a 3-day weekend; I'm gonna need it....

No comments: