Wednesday, January 24, 2007

El fin del mundo??

arg...what is up with my life lately? All my best-laid plans seem to be fallin apart. Yesterday, I get an email from another university I recently applied to saying they never received my transcripts...my transcripts?! I sent those in October. What the hell, man? Every time I involve another office with other people, things fall into chaos. So, I had to run around today like crazy printing things off and faxing them around.

This morning, I informed my classes that I wouldn't be there on Friday due to my conference in NV. The first class threw a little tantrum-- "That's not fair! Why do we have to be here when you aren't? Just cancel class." Wah, wah, wah. The second class heard the same news in the same way in the same lesson plan and their response was, "Ok, have a good time. See you Monday." Go figure. It just goes to show how different every class truly is. I guess I understand their annoyance but, hey, I have to go and my department doesn't let me cancel classes---ever. Unless I die pretty much, I have to be there or a fill-in must be. I'm just a peon. Only full professors have the right to cancel classes and throw it all to the wind. It's a shame. They could be a really fun class-- they surely have a lot of spunk. We'll see. Until then, cry me a river...life isn't fair, get used to it-- I sure have.

No comments: