Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Don't go toward the light!!!!



Weeelll....got some good news from Pitt! Guess I won't be taking that leap after all....hahaha....I can't say that it's the offer of my dreams or anything but, hey, it is another option. So, now I've got what I wanted-- a choice. Kinda feels like (and I can only imagine this) two burly men fighting for my hand...I know, I know, it's totally archaic and anti-feminist but, who doesn't want to be wanted? Anyway, the count is officially down to 5 more schools....hopefully, I'll hear from the rest very soon. I'm scheduled to fly down and visit Vanderbilt during Spring Break so, it would be nice to know for sure if I should be looking at apartment possibilities or not; so that would give the remaining schools about 2 weeks to get back to me....that's not unreasonable, right?

I've also been debating about the writing contest coming up; a few people have told me I should enter but...eh, I don't know. I love to write and I'd say I'm a good writer but, since I'm a grad student, I have to compete on the M.F.A. level. Yeah, not so crazy about that. I mean, I have good ideas but I'm definitely not as polished as someone who does this all the time...and plans to do it for the rest of their lives. Granted, some people with M.F.A.s are still crappy writers but, it significantly reduces the odds. Plus, entering a contest makes me a competitive writer....a quasi-professional, which I have no intentions of being. I do it because I enjoy it, not for any gain. So, eh...not sure about that one.

My birthday is coming up...not sure what I'm gonna do for this one. Not such a big deal to turn 24, really. After 21, I just stopped paying attention. Perhaps go out to dinner with my honey, get a massage, skip all my classes, etc---the usual fair. We'll see....any ideas from the peanut gallery? What should I do for my 24th birthday?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gah! I forgot to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY yesterday! But then...I had to work, and it was a long and horrid day. Hardly an excuse, but I am making up for it now, though my effort is a bit belated. Hope it was worthwhile. I mean, at least you MADE it this far, after all...