Friday, February 16, 2007

Random assortment...

--- I wanna give a big shout out (and thank you) to Dr. Samyn, Dr. Gail Adams and multiple MFAs for their Valentine's Day "Love" reading. Very enjoyable...I particularly enjoyed the various takes on "love" and what it represents for different people.

---My second Arabic lesson was the other day. I can now write my name (first and last), ask others their name, recognize (more or less) distinct letters within the context of words and say "yes/no/please/thank you". Just as a side-note to all linguaphiles out there: Arabic does not have a verb for "to be" or "to have"; they just skip it--- that totally blew my mind. Anyone who has studied linguistics will understand what I mean...

---I had an awesome dream the other night and thought to myself, "What a great story this would make!" and then I forgot it. Hate that...

---No news from any other schools yet...I'm starting to get anxious. The lightening acceptance/rejection from the first two schools has ruined me. I was totally non-chalant and now I'm checking all forms of mail like a maniac.

---Filled out all my paperwork for graduation...how weird. This semester is flying by...half of my thesis is done...we're rapidly approaching mid-terms...sheesh...I'll be packing before I know it!

---I'm looking for a new artist/band. I tend to be rather obsessive about music...always playing it and always searching for that new sound. If you know of a group/singer that tickles your fancy, pisses you off or just makes your toes tap, lemme know!!!!

3 comments:

Lys said...

THE FEELING and their song Never be Lonely... dont know if it was playing in the US... Also this british kid James Morrison!

Anonymous said...

Ever heard Poe's "Haunted" album? I'm addicted to it. Actually, I've been addicted to it since it first came out in '01 (I believe)...much better than her first record.

Very atmospheric. It's one of the very few albums I can listen to all the way through without getting bored as hell.

Niki said...

Hmm...nope, never heard Poe's "Haunted" album. I still remember the video for "Angry Johnny". Thanks both of you for the tips...if you think of anything else, let me know!