Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ode to Sara Pritchard....

I love this woman!!! (In a platonic admiration sort of way...) She's just the best. I devoured Lately and I've begun reading Crackpots. I attended her reading the other night in the WVU Library with a slew of MFAs, professors and other beaming supporters. (She is a former WVU MFA--gotta support the team, right?) Her novel is good so far but I ADORED her collection of short stories; they're all so real, quirky and funny, not to mention surprising. She's the kind of writer I want to be. She read a new story last night, which made me kind of nervous because 9 times out of 10 when a writer makes that announcement, the piece stinks. However, it was great--- an engaging, rolling narrative that took the listener on a rambuctuous ride through her head. It took a lot of--excuse the expression-- balls to read something new and have the confidence that it was quality work. So, ALL HAIL SARA PRITCHARD!!! We are so not worthy :)



No comments: