Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Waiting stinks but boyfriends and Brazil are awesome....

It's been a little while since I've blogged and for good reason. My life has been a bit frustrating lately but, hopefully, things are looking up. Quick re-cap/ gripe-fest.....

--- classes ended almost three weeks ago and I STILL have not received all my final grades (no fault of mine)

--- weather has been stinky for May; rain, gray skies, wind and rather cool temperatures have dampened my mood (and I stupidly packed for the much-warmer Southern climate I've grown accustomed to)

--- I left town and STILL have not received my summer research funding checks; I'm rather upset about this. I had to either foot the bill upfront and see my loved ones before flying out or wait around indefinitely and watch as airfares went through the roof. I chose the former....


However, life is not all bad....


---I'm back in lovely WV enjoying the company of my most excellent boyfriend. He's working and I'm reading like crazy but, at least we're together.
--- I've been hanging out with some of my old WVU friends. So good to catch up...

--- I get to see my family this weekend. I miss them a lot and haven't been home since Christmas.

--- I'm going back to BRAZIL this summer!!! I'm so excited. In 7 days, I'll be heading to Salvador (for 6 weeks) in the Northeastern state of Bahia this time. Tropical climate, beautiful beaches, samba, famous cuisine and my very own research project...what more could I ask for??


I'll do my best to blog about my Brazilian adventure this summer but, internet access might be a bit spotty. We'll see...

No comments: