Thursday, February 14, 2008

Ok, gotta gush a little bit....


I got these from my honey today at work for Valentine's Day! Sooo sweet and they're so beautiful. He sent yellow roses because he knows I think red ones are too cliche. Yellow roses signify friendship which is what we feel is the most important part of our relationship-- we're best friends first. There are also carnations (popular in Brazil for Valentine's), tulips, irises (one of my absolute favorites), lavender (another fav) and daisies. What makes it even more romantic is that he's currently 600 miles away so, he had to coordinate the long-distance send, look up my work address and confirm that I was going to be there at that time all without me knowing.

How awesome is that?? He's just the best and I'm so lucky to have him. It's crazy to think that a little over 3 years ago we were both feeling so trapped and hopelessly unhappy with our ex's. It was like we both had never felt love before we met eachother. When we first met it was like a lightbulb went off and we knew it was right. It hasn't always been easy and we've gone through some tough times but, we're still really in love. Nowadays, being apart, it's hard trying to maintain romance over a long distance but, I think we manage it. I sent him a special package for Valentine's Day filled with his favorite imported foods and treats from Brazil to give him a taste of home. Love is hard to navigate and it is always a challenge to keep eachother happy but, it is definitely worth it....

So, peanut gallery, how did you tell the special people in your life that you love them today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoosh...I am glad you are back on the blog! Haven't dropped by for awhile since I knew you were on holiday break and probably still suffering after-affects and all. Man, I missed a lot, and now I've gotta play catchup.

So here I go...catching up:

Tornadoes=frightening. I experienced one as a child and still have terrible nightmares about it.

Alka-seltzer=awesomeness. That's what I used to get over MY cold that I had about a month and a half ago. Got rid of it in a flat week. I'm telling ya...the food of the gods is not ambrosia...it is little green pills called Alka-Seltzer cold plus.

Flowers=very sweet. And what makes it even better is that you guys are able to get along so well being so far apart. All of that work he had to do to get those flowers to you is the best part. That's dedication, for sure!

My sweetie gave me a bunred copy of an album from a record that I used to listen to as a kid. It's a very hard to find little gem narrarted by Vincent Price called "A Hornbook For Witches." Not exactly ordinary Valentine's Day schtick, but it made my whole month!