Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Dripping with sweat...and not in a sexy way

Ugh...I'm really gross right now. When I get really nervous or stressed out I sweat like a maniac. The last few days have been rather trying. I've been dealing with my car insurance company due to a incident in a Kmart parking lot. I honestly don't know whose fault it was but I'm nervous as hell that either way is going to cost me a bunch (though the only damage was a few scratches to the respective bumpers). Lately I just start to perspire as soon as my cell phone rings. I feel like a Pavlovian dog--- minus the treat.

Some relatively good news is that I have an apartment in Nashville--finally. The trip to find a place turned into a roller-coaster of intense freak-outs and total contentment. It was weird. Originally, Felipe and I were going to fly out Monday morning and return Tuesday evening. However, we missed the flight on Monday (due to a 1/2hr. technicality--by one minute, literally). So, we had to re-schedule the same flight for Tuesday morning but couldn't get a return flight until Thursday morning. In the end, it worked out better that we had the extra day. Let me tell you, finding a suitable place to live at a REASONABLE price in Nashville is like asking for a white Christmas in Miami--ain't gonna happen. There were some ONE bedroom/STUDIO places that were going for $1,000/mo. Who can afford that?? Certainly not me, even on my newly augmented stipend. Needless to say, it was rather frustrating. Then, when the gods shone on me and I managed to find something cheaper, still clean and within walking distance, my old landlord decided to be a total butt-munch. He knew that the new place needed his recommendation to accept me and he made a point of saying on the phone to me, "Well, you know, your place still looked kinda dirty to me. Are you sure you steam-cleaned the carpets? How about in the closets? You know, I don't think your roommate gave me all the keys..." etc, etc. AGHHHH!! What a punk!!! He rents to some total losers that trash his place (one even set the place on FIRE a few years ago--no kidding) then he has the audacity to give me the third degree. He should've kissed my feet when I left and thanked me for being the responsible, clean tenant that I am. So ungrateful---especially when he knew that I was relying on his help at that moment. I suppose he said something nice, or at least ambiguous, because I got the apartment I wanted. Although the people running the place seem a bit shady and rude, it is the price and location I wanted so, I'm ok with it.


Today, I have a job interview at 2pm for an Asst. HR Manager summer position at Fuji Film. It isn't a dream job but, hey, the pay is good and it's about 10 mins. from my parent's house. So, here I am typing away and sweating profusely. I really need this job. The lease on my new apartment starts June 1st so, I'll being paying rent all summer long, even though I won't be living there; it kinda sucks but, there was no negotiating with those people. They knew that if I didn't like it, there were 10 more people right behind me willing to do anything to get the place. I just really hope that this summer can be relaxing and restorative; I could really use some time to decompress-- if not, by the time August rolls around there'll be nothing left of me but a stinky puddle on the floor.

No comments: